If you have never been to a cremation service, you might be curious about what kind of clothing you should wear. In many cases, it may simply come down to the colors you choose, but it can also depend on the services. Because multiple situations vary, it is good to get some information, so here is more on what you should wear to traditional cremation services in Kilgore, TX.
What is the Event?
The first thing you need to determine before picking out your clothing is what kind of event will be held. Because specific religious or cultural traditions will need to be upheld for the services, this might mean you have to wear a particular kind of clothing.
In addition to this, there are also some events where the coordinator may have chosen to have a celebration of life. This event tends to be a more lighthearted and uplifting service, so the clothing choices maybe a little more relaxed in what you can wear. There are also some situations where specific colors may be asked to be worn or even a theme, so it’s good to check with the coordinator before picking out your clothing so you can make an appropriate choice.
In most situations, when it comes to a traditional event, you are going to want to wear clothing that is darker in color, and a few things to keep in mind are:
- Black is always appropriate
- You can wear non-black clothing but choose colors that aren’t bright
- You want to avoid wearing open collars, so any dresses or shirts should cover up the neck area
- Do not wear flip flops or athletic shoes unless otherwise requested
- Avoid wearing any loud graphics or prints
- Wear something that you would to a professional meeting or church function
- Avoid wearing revealing attire and, in a lot of cases, keep these shoulders and knees covered
- Skirts and dresses that reach the knees
- Avoid sundresses
- Skirt with blouse
In addition, do your best to refrain from wearing anything overly revealing or casual such as leggings or sandals, unless the event calls for it.
- Belt with a tucked-in shirt
- Long sleeve shirts
- Suit with tie
- Dress pants with a button-up shirt
Keep in mind it may feel tempting to wear sneakers or a baseball hat with these will need to be avoided as much as possible not to appear overly casual.
Children should generally follow the same options as adults, but it may be more acceptable for them to wear different colored clothing in this situation. Try to avoid wearing anything overly loud or taking away from the event itself.
Professional and Affordable Services
When it comes to scheduling cremation services in Kilgore, TX, you might be confused about the steps if you have never had to plan one before, so we are here to help. We are a locally owned company and work hard to provide all our clients with the highest level of customer service and care on the market, so contact us today if you would like to schedule an appointment.