In an ideal situation, when an individual passes away, there will be a prearranged contract with a funeral home or crematory that outlines specific details for the individual’s last wishes. In some cases, this isn’t always the option, and it may be up to a friend or family member to start looking at funeral homes in Kilgore, TX. There may be some questions around how the event will be paid for, so here are some options.
What are the Options?
- Life Insurance: In some cases, the individual may have already had a policy in place for family members. Part of the service cost is if they have not been paid for already can be utilized from the policy. If the funds are not available right away from the insurance company, some funeral homes can work with agencies to secure a loan against the money released from the policy.
- Pre-paid Contract: There are also some options available on the market that allow an individual to work with a funeral home to create a prepaid contract over time. The funding in place will go towards the cost of the service details and offer a sense of ease for the family members.
- Savings: Some individuals may have had money built up in savings or other financial investments that can be utilized to help cover the cost of the services.
- Crowdfunding: If there is no money prepaid or in savings, you may need to consider creating a crowdfunding option with companies like GoFundMe. The platforms allow outside individuals to make donations to causes or events affecting other individuals, offering a sense of support and care for the family.
- Credit or Loans: The next suggestion is to utilize any credit cards that you may have available. It is also recommended to take out a loan to help cover the costs but be sure to compare interest rates to ensure you are utilizing the most sensible option.
- Various Agencies: The last recommendation is to check with local nonprofits who might have an allowance available to offer individuals who need extra support. There are also agencies such as the Social Security Administration that provide a one-time payment for individuals who meet the requirements for the service.
Quality Through a Commitment to Our Community
Losing a loved one can be difficult enough to navigate through all the emotions, and when there is no funding set in place to pay for the services, it can get that much more complicated. When it does come time to start contacting funeral homes in Kilgore, TX, you want to make sure that you’re working with a company that understands the intricacies that come with planning honorable events. East Texas Funeral Home has been in business since 1993, focusing on providing our community with the highest quality care on the market. We are here to help, so if you would like more information or to schedule an appointment, give us a call today, and we will help you get started with your planning.